Saturday, November 8, 2008

I need some mommy time!


Ok, so I don't journal very much on my blog because I would rather post pictures, but something very funny happened to me last night. I love the cold weather because to me that means hot bubble baths! I love to light the candles in the bathroom and pour my favorite bubble bath (Philosopy's falling in love..pictured above) in the water. I find this very relaxing and therapeutic. I've had many friends and family who have children tell me that their bathroom break is the only break they get during the day. I've heard funny stories about how children stick their fingers under the bathroom door and yell "MOM". It just seems that mom's never truly get a break. So picture this.....(don't picture me naked though) I am in the tub with my warm candle light reflecting off the bathroom walls, bubbles everywhere, and I hear my cat Walter hitting the bathroom door with his paws. Next thing I hear is the continuous, loud, deaf-defying, annoying meows coming from his mouth. Next, he starts sticking his cute little paws underneath the door. The meows get louder as he sticks his mouth under the door for the full effect. I just started laughing histerically because I think about moms who never get a break. In no way am I comparing my mommy-hood of two felines to the busy life of a true mother, but I saw a teeny, tiny glimpse of what it would be like.

I am truly in awe of mothers and all the things they accomplish in one day. My sister-in-law Sherion is one of the many wonderful mothers that I know. She is so patient and loving towards her two children and husband. I hope that someday I can resemble her many attributes of motherhood. I love you Sherion and all you do for me! I love my own mother Janice Gaye very much and I am grateful for the person I am today because of her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious kathrine, my kitty does the same thing. You crack me up, I love it!

Sherion said...

You are so sweet! Thank you. You'll make a wonderful mother someday.

Kate said...

I love bubble baths. They are the greatest, even when you are reminded so well that you are loved and missed.

Chelle said...

You have the cutest sense of humor! I love the name of your cat, Walter. It's so sophisticated for a cat, isn't it? You will make a darling mother!

Deidra said...

I too love bath time! Your cat sounds really cute!

BreAwn and Jeremie said...

You make me giggle. Thanks for the visual it made me smile. I love animals and I can just imagine walters (love the name) paw under the door saying MOM is it my turn yet......

kim said...

That is so incredibly hilarious! You just can't get a break can you? It is nice to know the cats can't live without you even for a second. What a fun experience.

Shalise said...

I am one of those moms who has no other break unless in the bathroom.. Though somehow velcro always finds a way to stick. So, that said: I usually get an audience while in the shower etc.
Katherine your a hoot, I love ya! Your such a great example to many..