These past few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster. My dear friend Jill was diagnosed with a brain tumor (I still hate saying those words) the day after Thanksgiving. She is only 32 years old with a great husband and 8 year old son. How can this happen? Why does this happen? My heart aches for her every minute of every day. I have a continual prayer in my heart for her and her family.
Yet, as I have watched her these past few weeks I am in awe of her. Jill has the greatest attitude because of her faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. She knows she is loved and that this is happening for a much greater purpose. WOW! Would I feel this way if the situation was reversed? I would hope so, but I just don't know. I can tell you this..... my prayers have never been so heart felt and meaningful lately. I am ashamed to say that I am not always the best at remembering to say my prayers. I have struggled with this since childhood. It seems that prayers become robotic when life is going along without any major struggles. Perhaps challenges come our way to keep us humble and close to what is important? Of course.
Jill, I am thinking about you every moment and I know that you will be comforted and blessed through this challenge. Your positive attitude and faith is what is going to sustain you during those dark times. Thank you for being such a great example to me. My testimony has strengthened beyond measure because of your example of unwavering faith. I am reminded once again what really is important in life. You are deeply loved by so many people. Thank you for being extraordinary!
Kewpie
2 days ago








6 comments:
Katherine thanks for sharing something so personal to the rest of us bloggers etc.
I read ur post with emotions and gratitude! Jill sounds like an amazing person! I try often 2 understand and I have learned many times that we may never understand! Faith is so powerful and if you believe you receive!
Jill is so lucky 2 have you! My prayers are with this family as well as with you! Its hard to see someone you care so much about go thru such pain!! Gang in there!
Words will never convey my feelings. Thank you for everything! I could never do this without the support of my friends!
You are abeutiful person inside and out. I'm so glad to have you as a sister-in-law and a wonderful aunt to my kids. I hope everything goes well for Jill.
OH, Katherine. Your are a fine woman, and I admire you, your beauty and your strength.
I am so sorry to hear about your friend! I know what you are going through. My dad died of a brain tumor at the age of 30. It's a terrible thing!! My prayers are with you and your friend!
It was good to read your blog, it reminds us all to remember why we are here and about the important things in life. Thanks for posting. I also pray for you and her.
Post a Comment