Sunday, September 21, 2008

Europe 2008


Lane and I went on a fabulous Mediterranean Cruise
in May of this year. We were lucky to go with my
parents and my Aunt & Uncle from Oregon. We were
part of an LDS tour group. We flew to Barcelona and
stayed one night there before boarding our ship. Our
ports-of-call included Cannes, Florence, and Rome.
We enjoyed every minute of Europe since neither of
us have ever been there. After we debarked the
ship, Lane and I took a night train up to Paris, France.
We spent 4 fun-filled days there. I took over 800 pictures
of our adventures in Europe. Lane thinks I might have
over done it, but I never know when we will go back. I
have posted my favorite memories of this wonderful vacation!



Barcelona, Spain. Our hotel is on the far right.


Christopher Columbus


I could never stay in a Hostel after seeing the movie!



Double-Decker bus tour.


Barcelona has amazing architecture.
This particular building is by
Antonio Gaudi.



Olympic Stadium, site of the 2002 Summer Olympics!


Our five star Hotel in Barcelona, Spain.
Thanks Lane!


Our hotel bathroom had a bidet. Yes, I used it
and accidentally scalded my under-carriage!


Our sweet room on the cruise ship


We LOVE the mandatory
life boat drill!

I love our balcony!


My darling parents


On our way to Cannes, France




This book really came in handy when
we needed help communicating in France.

We were in Cannes one week before
the Cannes Film Festival.


Lane likes boats?

Our newest favorite thing to do:
DOUBLE DECKER BUS TOUR!


Going back to the cruise ship.

Formal Night




Florence, Italy




I'm not sure what they are laughing at!


The Field of Miracles in Pisa, Italy


It's still leaning....

The Colosseum


Trevi Fountain

Make a wish!

My Love

The Pantheon was incredible!


The Vatican




St. Peter's Square

Our tour group in Rome

We celebrated my dad's birthday at the
very nice restaurant on the cruise ship.

Uncle Brad & Aunt Debbie

My parents could not be any cuter!
Happy Birthday dad!


We took a very cozy train ride from Barcelona
to Paris. It was about 11 hours long!

Ahh........Paris!



Arc de Triomphe


Basilique du Sacre Coeur

The Louvre

La Venus de Milo

The Mona Lisa was much smaller than I thought it would be.
She had quite the audience!








Museum of impressionist paintings: Musee d'Orsay.


I love Whistler's Mother!


Versailles, France







No comments: